Delaware Concealed Carry Permit Information
The firearms training course shall include the following elements:
- Instruction regarding knowledge and safe handling of firearms;
- Instruction regarding safe storage of firearms and child safety;
- Instruction regarding knowledge and safe handling of ammunition;
- Instruction regarding safe storage of ammunition and child safety;
- Instruction regarding safe firearms shooting fundamentals;
- Live fire shooting exercises conducted on a range, including the expenditure of a minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition;
- Identification of ways to develop and maintain firearm shooting skills;
- Instruction regarding federal and state laws pertaining to the lawful purchase, ownership, transportation, use and possession of firearms;
- Instruction regarding the laws of this State pertaining to the use of deadly force for self defense; and
- Instruction regarding techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to manage a violent confrontation, including conflict resolution.
Reliance Tactical Instructor Kevin O’Shaughnessy can also help you with this process.
Delaware’s Superior Court is responsible for granting Concealed Deadly Weapon Permits in Delaware after the Attorney General’s Office investigates and recommends the application. View the Procedural Rules and the Delaware Code that govern weapons.
Instructions for New Applications for a License to Carry a Concealed Deadly Weapon in Delaware
Disclaimer: While the information provided here is legal in nature, it is not to be construed as legal advice, and is for educational and informational purposes only. Laws and rules may have changed since this page was last updated.